Who is a carpenter: the merits and demerits of the profession
A person who is engaged in the production of complexmodels of furniture, and also manufactures doors, windows, arches, stairs and other products made of wood, called "carpenter". The work of this artisan is directly related to the mass of wood. It can apply various technologies, such as plywood, veneering and lamination. In this case, the carpenter does not perform a manual thread.
Who is a carpenter: more about his duties and opportunities
The main functions performed by the carpenter are:
- Manufacturing of a variety of wooden objects.
- Correct assembly of manufactured products.
- Installation of wood products (if required).
Among the products for the manufacture of whichattract carpenters, you can call body, office, upholstered furniture, windows, doors, handrails, steps and other interior items (functional or decorative).
In addition, knowing who the carpenter is and what his duties are, the customer can hire him for the paneling of the walls with wooden panels, inserting the door lock and installing the handle.
Who can be a carpenter
Thinking about choosing a future profession or aboutretraining, it is worth considering that a good carpenter can not be everyone. Professionalism and high level of manufactured products directly depend on how much the temperament and personal qualities of a person are related to the characteristics of the work process.
What is needed for the future carpenter:
- Love the tree.
- To have good health (vision, joint-muscular sensitivity, endurance).
- Be able to distribute your attention well.
- To have a fast visual-motor reaction.
- Possess the ability to a long concentration of attention, as well as be able to flexibly distribute it.
- Must own a good spatial imagination.
- To have developed visual-figurative thinking, attentiveness, accuracy.
The knowledge necessary for the joiner in work
Requirements for the joiner:
- Knowledge of the properties of wood of all significant tree species.
- Ability to process material and knowledge of methods of embedding of individual places.
- The concept of wood defects.
- Knowledge of the methods used in the manufacture, fitting and hanging of carpentry.
- Knowledge of existing technologies and equipment used in carpentry.
- Ability to read drawings.
Often carpenters own an average specialeducation. However, it is likely that in an enterprise where this person will work, they will teach him all the necessary skills, so the existence of experience is not very important.
Some aspects of the carpenter's work
Having dealt with who is the carpenter and whatfunctions it performs, you can go to the description of its tools. The inventory of workers whose activities are related to the processing of wood is divided into several categories:
- Measuring and marking instruments (rulers of different types and purposes, angles, levels, circles, roulettes, dies, pencils, etc.).
- Sasking tools (band, cross, circular saws, jigsaws, knives, cutters).
- Drilling and threading equipment (tools for threading, perks of various types, drills and drills, pivots, sewers, drilling machines).
- Auxiliary tools (hammers of different sizes and shapes, hammers, staplers).
- Equipment in the workshop (workbenches, vices,clamps, kiyanki, planes, stasties and jointer, milling and planing saws, other small and large tools, as well as tools for their sharpening and lubrication).
Tool carpenter often contains sharp edgesor is an equipment with fast-moving sharp elements, so in the process of working the master should show maximum attention and accuracy.
In order to exclude the occurrence of possible accidents, there is an obligatory safety instruction at the enterprises.
There are specialties that includeelements of several related professions or are characterized by a very small list of duties of one of them. For example, a carpenter-machine operator has nothing to do with the assembly of finished products, their polishing or fitting. His tasks include only work with the use of electrical equipment.
At the same time, the carpenter joinsduties that are included in job descriptions of two similar professions: carpenter and carpenter. As a carpenter, he can perform a rough outline, an island and cross-cutting sawdust. Also, they expect the ability to implement complex carpentry tasks. As a joiner, such an employee makes the simplest products from wood (woods, goats, packing boxes, crates and pallets).
After describing who the carpenter is and what it ishis duties, it is possible to understand what disadvantages are characteristic of this profession. First of all, it is physical fatigue, which arises as a result of constant active work.
There are also some diseases that are most often diagnosed in carpenters:
- The defeat of the respiratory tract (lungs, nasal cavity).
- Injury of the motor apparatus (sacrum, spine).
- High risk of injury to the limbs (fingers, palms, legs and feet).
- For carpenter-machine operators is characterized by a gradual decrease in hearing.
At the moment, the carpenter refers to occupations with an average level of demand. Entering the enterprise, the employee can hope for career growth, increase in the discharge and increase to the foreman.
Having higher education, a carpenter can claim to replace the positions of a master or foreman. If desired, he is able to retrain and become a carpenter or parquet.