What is diving - description, features, equipment, necessary skills and interesting facts
If you want to know what diving is, then imagine a slow movement under water, surrounded by shoals of various fish at a depth of several tens of meters. Or a leisurely study of the skeleton Presented? Great, because the reality will surpass all your even the most cherished dreams.
People who do not know what diving is often confused with diving. But it already refers to the professional activity. The diver undergoes special training to be allowed to perform certain underwater work. And the diver is an ordinary amateur diver who dives exclusively for pleasure. He swims only for the sake of relaxation and enjoyment of underwater beauty. Well, the very description of diving, we present below. So let's get started.
First diving equipment
A man since ancient times tried to conquer the depths of the sea. But at the dawn of civilization, he had one problem - lack of oxygen. To solve it, primitive divers began to train their breath to increase the volume of their lungs. But the body has its limits, and five minutes was not enough. And there were bags of air, which were sewn from the skins of animals. But they did not differ in convenience, because they sought to emerge, thereby drawing the diver to the surface. And the holes in the bag contributed to the leakage of precious oxygen.
For many centuries the task was unsolvable. Several epochs passed before the descendants of primitive divers could find a solution. It was only in the 16th century that a device appeared that gave hope that the divers would finally conquer the seabed. They became a two-meter bell-shaped air dome. Inside it, a diver sat on a bench and maneuvered in the water. A hose was attached to the dome from above, and air was pumped through a pump placed on the boat. Although this invention had many advantages, they all overlapped with instability of the structure.The dome constantly strove to roll over. They tried to fight this problem with the help of anchors, but the game was not worth the candle - the divers did not want to use it, and the production process was very expensive.
The breakthrough, which allowed to see the underwater world hidden from people, occurred only in the XIX century. In 1837, the Englishman Augustus Zibe invented a diving suit. It is used today without any fundamental changes. The costume itself consisted of a steel helmet with a porthole, an air hose and a rubberized jumpsuit. On the shoulders of the diver wore a special shirt front, which was fastened with steel bolts helmet, and on his feet - lead shoes. The design came out very successful, but there was a problem here - the diver was chained to the ship. And people wanted freedom of navigation.
And they got it in 1945. Legendary French diver Jacques Yves Cousteau invented a diving cylinder with compressed air inside. It was mounted on the back of a diver and had a breathing hose with a special valve. In the hose there was a device that exhaled exhaled air into the water column.It also leveled the pressure of compressed oxygen to the environment. Finally, people were able to move freely under water.
What is diving?
You can say this lesson opens up a new beautiful world to a diver. For thousands of years he had been beside people and waited for him to be opened. However, even at the current technology development stage, we know very little about it. Diver opened only some of his secrets. And others continue to attract, motivating thousands of divers to explore the depths of the ocean.
Diving - this is a vivid experience in traveling, and acquaintance with like-minded people, and an unforgettable experience when diving, and active rest. Perhaps the most striking opportunity he provides to the diver is the feeling of almost complete weightlessness and absolute freedom of movement. On land, we can move back, forward, left and right, and when diving is added up and down. This can only be experienced in space, where gravity has no power over man.
This type of holiday is developing very actively. Many courses have been created where you can go diving training.They will talk about all the strict rules and requirements that ensure the safety of the diver. And they can not be neglected! Some people think that diving is done without any preparation, but this is an illusion. Naturally, you can dive on your own without undergoing special training. But in this case, the behavior at depth and the further process of ascent may end in tragedy. It's like a car - no one gets behind the wheel right after buying it. First, training in a driving school, and only then the conquest of highways. But do not worry about the time and effort spent. They pay off a hundredfold.
- Free diving is the most popular form of scuba diving. Here, before diving, the diver simply holds his breath. This type of diving is used to this day not only as a pleasant pastime, but also for the extraction of valuable sea gifts. For example, Korean and Japanese divers are still looking for pearls in this way. They spend under water from one to five minutes.
- Diving in an oxygen-filled cell. In such a bathyscaphe there are cleaning and air supply systems, as well as support for optimal atmospheric pressure. Most often, such a device is used not for recreation, but for research purposes.
- Diving with the use of the caisson system. Compressed air is supplied to the scuba diving diver through a hose. And pressure regulates a special device that is on the surface.
- Diving scuba This is the last type of scuba diving. In it on the back of a diver in a scuba tank is attached to a diving tank with oxygen. There are two types of scuba systems - closed and open cycle. In the first case, the special system regenerates the air and the diver re-inhales it. In the second after expiration, it is displayed in the water column.
Now you know what diving is and what to expect for those who dare to rest in this way. We will have to put a lot of effort into preparation. Well, spend a lot of money on training diving and equipment. But it's worth it! Generous payment for the work will be stunning views of the underwater kingdom, which will open to the eyes of a diver.
- There are not many good places for diving in the world. Diving reviews suggest that one of these places on the planet is the Maldives. But scientists predict their complete disappearance under water. The fact is that these islands-atolls are only two meters above sea level, which increases every year.
- In addition to the Maldives, the best diving can be found in Malaysia, the Philippines, the Galapagos Islands, as well as on the Red Sea.
- In the Republic of Vanuatu there is an underwater mail. The diver writes a letter on land, puts it in a waterproof envelope, and then dives into the underwater post office, located fifty meters from the shore. And there sits a letter-receiving diver.