What is a release for modern PR technologies?
What is a press release translated from English? This edition is for the press, i.e. that resource which will be used by workers of print and television media. If we briefly explain what a press release is, it is created for immediate publication and distribution in the press.
Information for the press - this is a brief definition of this method of presenting the material. Readers of the press release initially represent what it will be about. This makes the text more useful for informing a specific audience. Yet such a tool differs from the usual direct advertising or thematic material in its brevity. In this regard, it is, rather, a news story, designed in the form of a brief message.
What should look like?
- First, the main message idea stands out. It is formulated as briefly as possible for memorization. Based on the general idea, the title is displayed.
- Secondly, thematic material is summarized.Usually a resume consists of several sentences. This is the essence of the release.
- Thirdly, the main event is described. It is necessary to highlight the date, place of the event, the names of key persons. At this point, journalists assign 1500-2500 characters.
- Fourthly, the material is supplemented with contacts. Indicate the phone number, e-mail and address of the press service. The presence of contacts in the information material serves as a kind of marker. It is worth paying attention to the ready-made bulletins selected on this basis, and then it will become clear to you what a release is and how it is properly drawn up. This part is taken to the top of the bulletin.
- Fifth, at the end of the material mention of the company and partners, services, products or events. The volume is 500-600 characters. And there should not be advertising.
It is worth adding that the release is always done about one event with a specific date. The deadline should be as close as possible to the present, because the latest newsletter is the image of a successful company. In essence, this is a way to attract new partners, an invitation to join for potential partners, and information about a resource.
In order to finally understand what a release is, let us give the general characteristics of its quality: conciseness, consistency, image, relevance.The occasion must always be a pleasant occasion or an important social event. These can be events, discounts, contests, round dates and holidays.
Other PR Tricks
Now let's talk about what a post release is. It differs from its fellow publication time, as it is material that is formed in the wake of the event. Such information is sent remotely to the press, who were not present at the event. Photo report or article may be accompanied by comments.
What is a release, social network users know firsthand. From the point of view of popularity, it is post materials that are made out less professionally than, for example, informative announcements. However, it is the event report that allows you to place accents that are competent and necessary to the press service.
Post release rules
A competent post bulletin should be informative. You should not be limited to dry numbers and empty phrases about the importance of the event, photos of obscure people and vague comments. First of all, the material should be addressed to a specific address group of journalists.Based on this, the main actors are selected, whose names and opinions are weighty for this audience. It is very important to include quotes from speeches in the text.