We select an orthopedic mattress for the bed according to all the rules. What you should pay attention to?
Each of us spends a quarter or even a third of life in a dream. Therefore, it is difficult to overestimate the phenomenon of healthy sleep. He is a guarantee of cheerfulness, good mood and just a good day.
No matter how expensive the bed is in your bedroom, how you sleep will depend on the mattress. Properly chosen orthopedic mattress, suitable for you, will be the key to happy dreams.
Before you go to the store for shopping, you should carefully examine the main aspects of the purchase of a mattress.
Factors to watch out for
When buying a new mattress you should pay attention to a number of physical parameters of a person.
- Age.This parameter is one of decisive in the selection.Everyone knows that the first 25 years of life, the human body is in the growth phase. During this period of life, the body needs sufficiently solid support for proper formation. The best option for this age group will be a hard or medium-hard mattress. The next quarter of a century passes for the body in a relatively quiet mode. Therefore, in the absence of problems with the back, the mattress can be selected based on your preferences. Stepping over the 50-year-old frontier, the body needs special comfort and support. When choosing a mattress at this age, special attention should be paid to models with a high degree of anatomicality.
User weight.No less influence on the choice of mattress has the weight of a person.
A person in the weight category up to 90 kg can choose a mattress at his discretion. People in the 90+ category should opt for models with increased rigidity.
- Features lifestyle.A person's lifestyle also affects the choice of bed. Athletes and people who are experiencing daily physical exertion should choose a hard mattress. For people with low physical activity, anatomical index can be minimized.
Complaints about the state of health.It is also worth considering the physical condition of a person.
If the user experiences pain in the back or neck, a hard mattress is preferred.
Today, there are two types of mattresses -spring and springless. Both classes have their pros and cons.
Depending on the designAmong spring mattresses, two subspecies are distinguished: with dependent springs and with independent ones.
Mattress with dependent spring unitgot its name due to the fact that the springs in it are interconnected. If you press on one of the springs of such a block, the others will be sold after it. By the indisputable advantages of this subspecies can be attributed to the cost - it is significantly lower than that of mattresses with independent springs. But there is a significant disadvantage - low wear resistance.
Over time, such mattresses bend in the middle part, and the person finds himself in a kind of hole. If a couple is sleeping on such a mattress, then the lighter spouse, regardless of his desire, will slide into this depression.
In addition, over time, such models begin to creak.This mattress is perfect for short-term use, for example, in the country, where it will serve only a short time interval.
Mattresses with independent spring blockdiffer in more difficult design that, certainly, affects cost. In such blocks, each spring is placed in a separate cover made of a special material. It prevents wear and prevents sagging of individual parts of the mattress.
Such qualities have a good orthopedic mattress. The disadvantage of such a mattress, as mentioned earlier, is the high cost.
As the name implies, springless mattresses do not contain springs, but are filled with a special filler. Materials for filler can be both natural and artificial.
It cannot be said that such mattresses are definitely worse, but their lifespan is definitely not comparable with spring designs. However, this model is much cheaper, and therefore so popular among buyers.
Arranging a place to sleep, users often wonder what kind of filler to choose for a mattress. Regardless of the presence or absence of the spring mechanism, various fillers are used in all mattresses. The degree of rigidity depends on them.
As mentioned earlier, there are two types of materials - artificial and natural. Consider the most popular ones.
- Latex- extracted from rubber wood. It happens as a natural origin, and synthetic. Possesses qualities such as resilience and elasticity. Able to withstand heavy loads, suitable for people with high weight.
- Coconut coir- the most expensive kind of filler. It is completely natural and enhances the orthopedic result from the use of a mattress. More rigid material in comparison with latex. To give the mattress an average stiffness, a layer 1 cm wide is enough, and a width of 3 cm will give the mattress an increased stiffness.
- Holofiber- despite the artificial origin of the material, it is considered one of the most expensive fillers. This material has good performance in all industries: it passes air, retains heat, keeps an attractive appearance for a long time, does not absorb moisture and odors.
- Foam rubber- artificial filler, used for an auxiliary layer. It differs in thickness and quality of workmanship.
Pros of using orthopedic mattresses
The advantage of modern mattresses is their anatomical and orthopedic effect. To date, there are many disputes regarding the interpretation of these concepts. The most common is the point of view of European experts and experts from the United States.
The anatomical effect is the ability of the mattress to exactly follow the contours and curves of the human body.
The correct mattress provides the body with proper rest. It does not allow the spine to sag, no matter how you used to sleep - on your back or side.
Using such a mattress, it is possible to avoid such unpleasant phenomena as the displacement of the vertebrae and compression of the intervertebral discs. During sleep, the nerve endings are not pinched, and the ligaments and muscles do not stretch.
How to choose a mattress for the bed?
When theoretical questions are studied, one should proceed to the practical aspects of acquiring a new mattress for a comfortable sleep.
First of all, you need to determine the size of the purchase. The old mattress is not suitable for this, as it is likely that during the operation it was strongly deformed. It would be more correct to measure the inner perimeter of the bed.
If you are going to change not only the mattress, but also the bed itself, you will need data on the standard sizes of manufactured beds:
- the standard size of a single bed is 90x190 cm;
- The minimum allowable bed size for two people is 140x190 cm;
- superior bed size - 160x200 cm;
- European standard double bed is the size of 180x200 cm.
When choosing a bed, it is worth remembering that the comfortable length of the mattress is equal to the size of a person’s height, increased by 15 cm.
Also it is worth asking the store manager about various fillers for mattresses. Often, if the material has undergone poor processing, its use can cause allergies. Allergy sufferers should pay special attention to this issue.
As mentioned earlier, stiffness should be chosen based on physical parameters. You should not rely on dry data. Favorite mattress is worth trying - to settle on it with all possible comfort, lie down on your back and side. Check if it is under the weight of your weight.
Mattress fabric must be durable to withstand large daily loads. For the convenience of consumers, various impregnations are often used on the mattress cover - dust-repellent, anti-fire and anti-allergic.
In addition, a good mattress is equipped with a double cover - for the warm and cold season. Honest manufacturers who are confident in the quality of their goods, as a rule, supply the mattress with a zipper cover. What to allow to remove it and erase if necessary.
Features of the choice of mattress for a double bed
Mattress, designed for one bed, pick up quite simple. Another question is how to choose the right mattress for a bed designed for two people.
When choosing a mattress for a double bed, it is worth remembering that the design of the mattress has limitations for one bed. When choosing such a product, one should take into account the maximum permissible values.
Special attention to the choice of mattresses should be paid to couples with different indicators of weight. It is known that people of fragile design are advised to sleep on soft mattresses, while people with greater weight should prefer mattresses with high rigidity.
Thus, in an unbalanced couple, sleep will be comfortable only for one of the spouses. The way out of the situation can be the acquisition of two single mattresses of recommended stiffness. Although not all couples agree on such a neighborhood.
The solution for such families will be double-sided mattresses with different stiffness. They will help you through experience to choose the most comfortable option for sleeping.
By choosing a mattress is always worth taking very seriously. Even an expensive orthopedic mattress that is not properly chosen for a particular person will do more harm than good. It is also worth remembering that the average life of an orthopedic mattress is 10-15 years.