We make decorative pillowcases with our own hands
Decorative pillowcases easily help to transforminterior and give it a new look. The most important thing is that this method of decoration is one of the most budgetary. Have in the stock several types of decorative pillowcases, and then you can change them even every day. This will also change your interior. And in order to carry out the plan, we suggest to learn how to make decorative pillowcases on pillows with your own hands.
You can make a lot of different pillow cases. But the preparatory stage for tailoring is the same:
- Decide on the pillows that you willto sew pillow cases. Decorative rollers can have any shape and look: classic squares, rectangles, hearts and so on. Choose which pillows you will sew. Also, pillowcases can be filled with a simple sintepon.
- Make measurements of the pillow for which the pillowcase will be sewn. This requires width and length. If the pillow is of a non-standard shape, then simply attach it to a sheet of paper and circle it around the contour.
- Choose a pillowcase design. Decorative elements need to be thought out at this stage, since you need to stock up the material.
- Decide how your pillowcase will be fastened. This can be lightning, buttons, Velcro.
- Prepare all the necessary tools andmaterials. The specific list depends on what you will be sewing. But without fail you will need: scissors, thread and needle or sewing machine, fabric, clasps, decorative elements.
Pillowcase with patchwork
Perhaps this is one of the most budgetary wayscreating a decorative pillowcase. After all, various scraps of cloth will be used in the course, which was previously a pity to throw. The only thing you have to spend on a large piece of material for the pillowcase itself.
We offer a master class on the manufacture of pillowcases with a pattern of shreds:
- Prepare two large pieces of fabric for making pillowcases. This will be the front and back.
- Take some colored scraps of cloth. It is desirable, that they were connected between each other by the structure of the fabric or by any one color.
- Cut out a piece of paper from a paper - an oval with pointed tips.
- When applying a pattern to a piece of paper, cut out several fabric blanks. They can be made different in size.
- Cut out a dark brown color (brown or black) from the tree trunk.
- Put a piece of cloth in front of you for the front side and lay out the barrel and leaves on it.
- Secure the final version with tailor's pins.
- Now we need to sew all the elements. It is most convenient to do this on a sewing machine, then the seam will be uniform and you will need less time for work. If there is no machine, you can do everything manually. Work neatly.
- When you sew all the elements, remove all sticking threads.
- Attach lightning to the finished side.
- The second half of the lightning stitch to the back.
- Fold the front and back pieces of the pillowcases together with the wrong side and sew them together.
- Turn out the pillow cases on the front side.
Decorative pillowcases are ready! By the same principle, many different applications can be made.
Pillow case in ruches
Below is an instruction how to sew a decorative pillowcase with ruches:
- Prepare all materials and tools.
- Take the fabric for the pillowcase and cut it into two parts: the front and back.
- Take a piece of cloth, the length of which is more than one and a half times the length of the future pillowcase.
- Cut this fabric into equal strips of the same thickness. Their number depends on the size of the pillow and your preferences.
- Each strip is stitched on the sewing machine,presetting the longest step of the stitch. You can also do this manually. The stitch should go in the middle of the strip, and the ends of the thread should not be tied.
- Attach one strip to the front of the pillowcase and secure the edge with a pin.
- Pull the thread from the other side of the strip so that the fabric is assembled and an accordion is obtained.
- Attach the other edge of the strip to the front.
- Straighten the ruches and attach a few more stripes along the length.
- Do the same with other strips.
- Attach to the front of the back so that the ruches stay inside.
- Stitch both parts of the pillowcase together, leaving a small hole.
- Turn out the pillowcase on the front side and fill it with sintepon.
Decorative pillowcase with ruches is ready! You can make it with a zipper or buttons.
There are many different options, how canmake decorative pillowcases with your own hands. Use shreds to make patchwork-style cushions, decorate them with buttons, pompoms, ribbon colors and so on.
Using improvised material, you can do really interesting things.