The right approach to the choice of countertops in the kitchen
Women are especially demanding when choosing a countertop, since most of their free time is spent in the kitchen. For women, the choice of quality furniture in the kitchen is the same as choosing a car for men.
Features of the choice of tabletop
It should unite all parts of the kitchen interior into one whole, so when choosing a headset you should pay priority attention to it. Countertops can be either made to fit with the headset itself or have a projection from 2 to 5 centimeters. The protrusion will depend on the material of manufacture.
When choosing a material, it is unnecessary to forget about three main criteria of quality:
- Ease of use for her,
These criteria should be followed in connection with high humidity, temperature changes and mechanical effects on it. Therefore, the quality of the material must be given special attention.
MDF and chipboard countertops
For the manufacture of this kind of worktops, MDF and chipboard panels with a thickness of 30 to 40 centimeters are required to be deformed.
The advantages of such countertops are:
- Excellent wear resistance at high temperatures, mechanical stress, as well as chemical. Substances
- It is possible to install near the stove,
- Rich selection of panels.
The disadvantages include:
- Over time, it gets very dirty, the spots that appear are practically not eliminated.
This look is made from pitch with additives of minerals. Standard worktops are considered to be about 10-12 centimeters.
Advantages of this type:
- Any form can be made based on the wishes of the buyer,
- Does not absorb moisture, prevents the appearance of bacteria
- Easy repair,
- Easy to clean.
The disadvantages can be attributed to the fact that the instability to high temperatures.
Quartz agglomerate table top
The principle of manufacture is similar to the manufacture of acrylic worktops. Mineral and stone chips are added to the production of tabletops.
Standard thickness is 10-12 centimeters.
- Resistant to high temperatures
- They have similarities with natural materials, such as stone.
The downside is the inability to repair when chipped or scratched, the length is limited to three meters.
Standard thicknesses are 10, 40 and 60 millimeters. This type of table top is made of tempered glass.
Pros glass top:
- Resistant to water and temperature
- During operation does not absorb unpleasant odors,
- It is possible to choose any color.
The disadvantages are:
- Requires increased care,
- Very expensive.