Principles of hardening. Hardening water. Hardening rules
We are increasingly talking about the treatment of diseases, when prevention plays an important role. Improving the body's resistance to negative environmental factors - this is the goal of preventive measures. It is necessary to strengthen the body. One of the methods of prevention is hardening. What is the principle of hardening, which need to adhere to the rules, we consider next.
A little about the history of hardening
About hardening known for a long time. About him there are mentions in the treatises of the great scientists of antiquity, such as Hippocrates, Democritus, Asklepiad. Great attention to physical health and stamina was given in Sparta. From a very young age, boys walked barefoot, and in the warm season they were almost naked.
In ancient Rome, hardening and strengthening of the body were also positively treated. Only the main place of the procedure was a bath.There were pools with hot and cold water, as well as facilities for massage and gymnastic exercises, mud baths were practiced. On the roofs sunbathe.
Ancient Chinese medicine was positive about disease prevention and health promoting procedures. It was said that "a wise man heals the disease that is not yet in the body." Much attention was paid to water procedures, gymnastics, massage, diet.
In Russia, hardening was massive. A bath followed by rubbing with snow was the norm. Swimming in the waters at any time of the year is also popular.
Depending on the effects on the body, there are several methods of hardening:
1. Hardening air:
- Air bathing. Air affects the naked body.
- Sun baths Practiced for the purpose of rehabilitation and prevention.
- Walking barefoot regardless of the season.
2. Hardening water:
- Cold and hot shower. Pouring alternately cold and moderately hot water.
- A visit to the bath, followed by diving into the cool water.
- Douche of water.
- Swimming in the hole.
What type of hardening to choose depends on the area of residence, on health status and many other factors.
Principles of hardening
No matter what method is chosen, it is necessary to follow some principles of hardening. If they are not followed, the procedures will be random.
Here are the basic principles of hardening the body:
- Systematic hardening procedures. They must be held regularly, regardless of weather conditions and time of year. You can fix the execution of procedures in the daily mode.
- Gradual increase in loads. A sharp increase in load can be detrimental to health. A gradual transition should be carried out taking into account the responses of the body. This is especially important when hardening children, the elderly and patients with chronic diseases.
- Compliance with the sequence in the implementation of procedures. Hardening begins with a wiping and foot baths. According to medical rules, weak stimuli have a better effect on body functions, and excessive ones are destructive.
- Complex effects on the body. It is necessary to use procedures with the influence of natural forces that daily affect a person - water and air. Pouring can be carried out on the street.The body must experience a strong, then a weak effect, not getting used to a constant temperature, otherwise hardening in this case would be inappropriate.
- Accounting for the individual characteristics of the body and health. Decided to start hardening? Perfectly! But first it is recommended to visit a doctor. He will tell you which method to choose. Hardening under medical supervision will help to avoid undesirable consequences and makes it possible to properly plan further health promotion measures.
This kind of hardening has a more powerful effect on the body than air.
Water affects the body as follows:
- At the first stage, a spasm of blood vessels and subcutaneous fat occurs.
- In the second, the skin becomes red, adaptation occurs, mast cells, leukocytes are activated, substances with interferon-like properties are released. The state of health improves. Feel a surge of strength.
- In the third stage, if the body is overcooled, vascular spasm occurs again. As the body is supercooled, the body can no longer adapt, and chills occur.
If you follow the principles of hardening, the second stage will be faster. The most important thing is not to bring it to the third stage.
To whom it is not recommended to be engaged in water hardening, we will consider further.
Who is contraindicated for water hardening
There are many stories of healing due to tempering procedures, but it is worth noting that in some cases it is necessary to delay these procedures.
- Cold water causes spasms of blood vessels, so if there are diseases of the cardiovascular system (tachycardia, coronary heart disease, heart failure), such methods are contraindicated.
- Sharp temperature changes affect the central nervous system. It is necessary to practice caution with caution in diseases of the central nervous system: epilepsy, psychosis, hysteria.
- If there are any skin diseases, water hardening should be discarded until complete recovery. Especially in the presence of purulent, non-healing or open wounds.
- With respiratory diseases: tuberculosis, bronchial asthma.
- Do not recommend dousing with increased eye pressure.
- With catarrhal diseases (ARVI, acute respiratory infections, influenza) should refrain from procedureseven if classes were regular before the illness.
- Do not be drenched in the head. This can adversely affect health.
Water hardening methods
Hardening water is traditional and unconventional.
The traditional methods include:
- Rubdown It can be used at any age, even from the cradle. To do this, you need a towel that absorbs water well. How to carry out the procedure, we describe below.
- Douche. May be local and general.
- Bathing in natural waters. It can also be recommended from an early age, starting at a temperature of 24-26 degrees. After the procedure, be sure to move.
How to begin the procedure of hardening with water, consider below.
Begin water quenching
The best time for tempering water treatments is morning. It is recommended to do exercises.
Hardening with water should begin with a wipe. To do this, moisten a sponge or towel with water of a certain temperature and wipe it off. You need to start with the upper parts of the body - from the neck, then follow the shoulders, arms, chest, back. The next step is to wipe the towel dry and rub the skin red-hot.It is necessary to move from the periphery to the heart.
Then you can go to the lower body. They are also wiped with a damp sponge or towel and then rubbed dry with a dry towel. The whole process should take no more than 5 minutes.
Then you can go directly to the douche.
Begin to use water a degree just below body temperature. Allowable range is +34 ... +36aboutC. Every 3 days the temperature is lowered by one degree. After douches, it is also recommended to rub the body with a red towel with a dry towel. The procedure should last no more than 1 minute.
Non-traditional methods of hardening include such procedures as:
The meaning of hardening is that the thermoregulatory apparatus of the immune system is trained with such procedures. This reduces the body's sensitivity to the harmful effects of the sun, cold, water and other factors.
The use of unconventional hardening methods in children at an early age often leads to a backlash. Doctors believe that carrying out such procedures in children is not appropriate. Since the body is not yet formed and can not adequately respond to a sharp change in temperature.
Hardening of children
For children, it is advisable to apply these methods of hardening:
- Water hardening.
As we indicated earlier, non-traditional hardening methods are not recommended for children’s bodies, especially for preschoolers due to the immaturity of the neural and endocrine systems. What to do? Choose something else.
The best option for children and parents is hardening in the summer. The main rules at this time:
- Do not allow hypothermia or excessive overheating.
- Together with the water procedures, you can do massage, gymnastic exercises.
When hardening children of preschool age, it is necessary to adhere to several standards:
- Before the procedure, the body of the child should be warm.
- Necessary to control redness of the body. If such a reaction does not occur, the body should be rubbed with a dry towel.
- The lower the temperature of the water, the shorter the contact should be with it.
In winter, hardening your baby should be approached carefully. If the child is sick, the procedure should be stopped for the time of illness.
General rules for hardening children
Let us highlight a few rules and recommendations that must be followed if there is a desire to strengthen the health of the child:
- You can temper a child from a very early age.
- Baby should be completely healthy.
- Adhere to the basic principle of hardening - the systematic implementation of procedures.
- Set an example for a child. Participate, for example, in water procedures.
- Gradually increase the duration and load. This is another important principle of hardening.
- Do not start the procedure if the child is not in the mood. You need to set a good mood.
- Do not allow overheating or hypothermia baby.
- Add to the exercises and massage procedures.
- Before the procedure, the hands and feet of the child should be warm.
- If you do not like the procedure and caused unexpected negative reactions in the child, you will have to abandon tempering for a while and show the baby to the doctor.
Air hardening rules
This kind of hardening is practiced from infancy. Some rules are very natural for each of us. They are the basis of hardening at home.
- The process begins with walks in the fresh air (at first, 10 minutes per day is enough). You need to walk every day, increasing the time.
- Ventilate the room daily.
- Be sure to air the room before and after bedtime.
- Dress the child for the weather.
- In good weather, the child can sleep in the fresh air. Older children in good weather outside should be as long as possible.
Water hardening child
Hardening of preschool children begins with a contrast pouring of the legs.You can also use the following procedures:
- Local contrast baths for arms and legs.
- Wipe with a damp cloth or washcloth. The best option to start hardening.
- Contrast pouring the legs. The main rule: do not drench your feet with cold water, before they are not warm.
- Contrast shower with a slight difference in water temperature.
- Swimming in the pool.
- Swimming in the sea / river.
It is worth remembering that children who have had pneumonia, pleurisy, having heart disease, kidney problems, bathing and hardening is not recommended. Consultation with a doctor is required.
General hardening rules
We single out a few general rules for hardening:
- If you decide to begin tempering, you should first visit the therapist and choose an alternative method together.
- It is necessary to begin procedures, being healthy.
- Should not be at the time of the occupation of the disease in the acute or chronic stage.
- Follow one of the principles of hardening-regularity. There should be no long pauses.
- Gradually increase the intensity and load.
- Need to monitor well-being. Regularly measure temperature, pressure, pulse.
- Hardening will be more effective if combined with exercise.
- Recommend to adhere to a healthy diet, it will also increase the effectiveness of procedures.
- If you are sick or feel ill, hardening procedures should be temporarily stopped.
- If in the process of hardening there is not a surge of strength, energy, but, on the contrary, a decline in strength, depression, it is necessary not to delay the visit to the doctor and stop the procedure.
Hardening and health can be put in one row. Stimulating the body's defenses, you can forget about colds in the offseason.