Pepper Claudio: description, features of care, productivity and reviews
A famous hybrid of sweet Bulgarian pepperClaudio has more than 20 years. This time, many vegetable plants are enough to be safely forgotten, but the spectacular large-pepper Claudio, on the contrary, is becoming more and more in demand. This is not surprising.Cuboid, sweet, thick-walled, reachingvery impressive size, this vegetable is not inferior in popularity to the newest varieties and hybrids. We learn more about the peculiarities of this culture, its preferences, advantages, shortcomings and prospects.
Pepper Claudio: description
The famous hybrid of Dutch breedingis universal and is able to develop productively both on open ridges and in conditions of green housekeeping. Southerner by origin and preferences, pepper Claudio is included in the Russian state register of promising vegetable crops of the North Caucasus region and is grown in the south on an industrial scale. But gardeners of the Urals and Siberia are familiar with this culture and have long been shooting impressive pepper harvests in greenhouses and greenhouses, despite the climatic conditions of temperate latitudes that are not suitable for the heat-loving plant.
Positioned by manufacturers as an early,the Claudio hybrid is such when cultivated in warm southern regions, but in temperate zones of our country the period of its vegetation is prolonged for quite legitimate reasons, and the grower is considered a medium-season vegetable grower. However, this fact does not affect the popularity of culture.
Pepper Claudio F1 forms a powerful medium-sizedsemi-spreading shrub that reaches a height of 0.7 to 1.2 m. The leaves are emerald green, bright and large. Despite a fairly strong trunk, the plant needs a garter, since under the weight of the pourable fruit it can tilt or fall altogether.
Claudio's hybrid form conquered the hearts of gardenersmagnificent delicious and beautiful fruits - drooping, correctly cuboid-elongated, formed by four chambers. When fully ripe, the color of the fruit is saturated red, close to the dense burgundy, at the stage of technical ripeness - emerald, in the process of maturation - dark green. For ripening fruits, uneven staining is characteristic - on the red surface dark, almost black irregularly shaped strips, which subsequently disappear.
The average weight of the fruit is 150-175 g, often they reach 200-250 g, rarely it is possible to obtain maximum fruits weighing up to 300-350 g, although, as a rule, the hybrid is characterized by one-dimensionality.
The declared wall thickness of pepper is impressive - 6-8mm, but, according to the vegetable growers, it can reach 10-14 mm. The skin is glossy, dense and strong enough, but absolutely devoid of rigidity. Pepper Claudio F1 - fleshy, juicy, sweet with a slightly noticeable piquant bitterness, delicious, with an excellent aroma of true Bulgarian pepper.
Advantages of culture
Typical qualities that distinguish Claudio pepper (reviews of vegetable growers are confirmed) from other varieties and hybrids are:
- A sufficiently high (and predictable!) Productivity - depending on the area of cultivation, from 1 hectare is collected from 300 to 450 centners.
- Output of high-quality commercial products is 95-97%.
- Heat resistance.
- Stress-resistance of culture.
- Confronting the traditional diseases of Solanaceae - the mottle of peppers, the potato virus, tobacco mosaic.
- Commodity hybrid, manifested in an almost ideal form of the fetus.
- A successful correlation of the palatability of the fruit with the yield and shape.
- Uncomplicated care - indifference of culture to increased density of planting, regularity of fertilizing and watering.
Features of the variety
One bush is simultaneously tied up to 5-10fruits. At the end of flowering, after a while comes the 2nd wave, less generous - 2-5 pieces. The disadvantages of the hybrid include a low speed of transition from technical ripeness to biological ripeness, i.e. complete staining of the fruit - bright red, characterizing the Claudio F1 pepper. Comments of vegetable growers, who are competent in growing, unanimously assert that speeding up the staining will be helped by removal of an excessively small ovary, which does not have time to mature, but draws the plant's forces towards itself. In addition, you should regularly break off stepsons, withering leaves, to pinch the tips of shoots by the end of July.
Pepper Claudio, like many other solanaceous cultures, is grown in seedlings in various containers, containers or pots.Seeds of pepper, pre-culled andetched with any of the biostimulants are planted in seedlings with light loose fertile soil in February or March (depending on the region). After the germination of seeds and the emergence of seedlings, it is necessary to arrange the illumination by any lamps up to 12 hours per day. Seedlings need additional lighting 3-3.5 weeks, then, when the light day increases, the containers are exposed in a warm light spot.
In stage 2-3 of these leaves, the seedlings are dived overseparate pots. Plant them in a permanent place when the soil is warmed up to 13-15 ° C. The scheme of planting - 40 * 40 cm, per 1 sq. Km. meter place 3-4 bush.
Care of plantings
Despite the enviable unpretentiousness of this culture, high yields can be achieved only by correctly implementing the basic rules of agricultural technology, such as:
- Providing support, tying and mandatory removal of stepsons and leaves of the lower tiers.
- Formation of a bush in 2-3 stems: the first flower-crown appears, and after the fork, select a couple of the strongest shoots, removing the rest.
- The optimum temperature for the qualitative growth of the culture is 22-25 ° C, when the staining phase of the fruit comes 25-27 ° C.
- Timely watering with warm water, loosening the soil under the bushes.
Intensive development of culture requires regular application of fertilizers. Claudio - pepper is sweet, and its taste essentially depends on the periodicity and quality of dressings.Typically, standard cultures are usedfertilizers: a week after planting the young bushes, nitrogen fertilizing is applied, during blooming, tying and flotation - compounds of potassium, phosphorus, as well as calcium, manganese, zinc, iron. With the onset of a period of recruitment of fruits (in June-July), Claudio pepper twice feed plants under the root with preparations of potassium and nitrogen, and foliar and ovary are sprayed with solutions of trace elements - magnesium and calcium. In household plots, they often use complex micro- and macrofertilizers, for example, Plantafol, Nutrivant, Kristalon, and others.
Pepper Claudio F1: reviews
Analyzing the responses left on the network by farmers and summer residents, we can note the following:
- Excellent seed quality, high seed germination.
- A remarkable productivity of culture - more than 2.5 kg of peppers from one bush.
- Claudio - sweet pepper, has excellenttaste properties of fruits, which are characterized by fleshy walls, rough skin, fragrant pulp, juicy, without pronounced bitterness and a pleasant traditional flavor of classic Bulgarian sweet pepper.
- Simple and years of proven technology to grow this hybrid.
- Predictable, very high crop yield.
- Excellent marketable appearance.
Despite the emergence of new varieties of pepper, the armyconnoisseurs of this famous hybrid is increasing every year. An unpretentious and responding to care with bright useful and tasty fruits, Claudio has become the most acceptable and convenient for growing a vegetable for many.