How to learn to draw on paper?
Watch the video
Learning to draw is not difficult, if you do it consistently. Read our article How to draw on paper. Self-study is effective if you:
- They are diligent and able to adjust themselves to work;
- do not seek to learn an academic drawing;
- have a great desire for creativity and are full of inspiration and desire to paint.
If you organize yourself on your ownenough willpower or you are easier to perceive new skills in a group under someone's guidance - then an art school or special courses will be an excellent solution. There you will master the base on which future drawings will be created.
Where to begin
- Strangely enough, it did not sound right from the firstdrawing. Does this seem like a trite advice to you? And you try - whether there will be a fear of a clean sheet, because of which you can endlessly postpone creativity. How to overcome this fear? If you are drawing in an album or sketchbook, start with a random page. Many are frightened by the very first sheet - so what prevents to start from the middle or even from the end of the album?
- Serious drawings will be later. A start should be simple. Draw what you want, not striving for perfection. Plunge into creativity and enjoy it.
- Draw what you like and get better. This is a big plus for self-study. You do not do what is established by rules and frameworks - you paint with your soul, you invest a part of yourself in your creation. And this is the most important thing.
- From the previous paragraph, the following advice follows- Do not pursue the ideal result. In drawing, as in any form of self-expression, the concept of an ideal creation is very blurry. It simply does not exist. Enjoy the process of creativity, and the result will show itself.
Draw or copy?
Do as you like. Someone is ready to immediately draw from nature or has ready for the implementation of a sheet of paper plots. And someone should work out the technique, get acquainted with the styles, study different color combinations - and the drawing in this will help the best.
Drawing from life, use some tricks. Useful tips on how to learn how to draw, you can find in our article How to learn to draw. Be from the object at a distance three times its height and consider it in three dimensions. This method helps to fully understand the form and study the details of the subject, determine the proportions and location of highlights and chiaroscuro.
Newcomers usually do not have an eyeball, soThe rule of sight will help to keep the proportions correctly. Sit at the correct distance from the object, pull the hand with the pencil forward in front of the object. Measure the detail you need, from the tip of the pencil to the finger holding the pencil. Then put the cut off the desired number of times on paper. Check the proportions and dimensions in this way.
What to choose for drawing on paper
It's about materials, and about the style of drawing. To choose the material that suits you, go shopping with goods for creativity. Take a closer look atgoods for drawing. What are you drawn to? To oil paints, strict pencils and liners, neat tubes of gouache?
Just choose the style. Try to draw differently. Learn different styles of drawing about which the articles will tell: How to learn to draw portraits, How to draw graffiti, How to learn to draw with a pencil and other materials from this section.
Maybe you will like graffiti on paper or sketches made in pencil, and maybe watercolor still-lives or landscapes with oil. Listen to yourself, and you will succeed.