How to cure a throat? Tips and tricks
Sore throat caused by colds, is quite common, but nevertheless, it is always unpleasant. The main causes of inflammatory diseases of the throat are bacteria and viruses, as well as external stimuli such as dry or cold air, too cold or hot food, toxic substances, strong odors, gases and dust. On the mucous membrane there are many nerve endings, so the disease can manifest itself by various symptoms: sore, dry, tingling, pain. How to cure a throat? Let us analyze the most effective ways in the article.
To stop the inflammatory process, it is necessary to ensure blood flow to the vessels and eliminate pathogens. There are many tips and advice on how to cure a sore throat. First of all follows:
- Well moisten and ventilate the room. Very often, a sore throat is accompanied by a runny nose, which means that a sick person may occasionally breathe through his mouth involuntarily.If the room has dry, stagnant air, there are particles of dust, then this can lead to overdrying of the mucous membrane and increase the laryngeal swelling and scratchy throat.
- Wrap your neck with a scarf and wear wool socks. Warming the legs will promote more active blood circulation through the body, and a scarf will ensure a rush of blood to the affected tonsils.
- Drink enough warm fortified drink. It should be noted that the liquid must be exactly warm, not hot. It can be tea with honey and lemon, milk with butter and honey.
How to quickly cure your throat at home?
Often, only the above recommendations are enough to improve well-being and cope with a cold. But if you need to cure your throat in 1 day, then more effective ways will help. To normalize the state in the shortest possible time, will require diligence and patience. During the day, it will be necessary to use all available means in turn. The complex of procedures will help to achieve the desired rapid effect, and the very next day the question of how to cure your throat will stop worrying you.But an indispensable condition for a quick recovery is to force yourself to perform the recommended procedures the maximum number of times (of course, within reason), since there will be no effect from 1-2 attempts. So, how to cure a throat with folk remedies?
With the help of regular rinsing, it is possible to disinfect the mucous membrane, wash the bloom, soothe the pain and warm the throat. There are many solutions for rinsing. It is recommended to carry out the procedure every 2-3 hours, but it will be more efficient to alternate several solutions, and then you will get 1-2 rinses per hour. You should try several options and choose the most suitable recipe for you.
- In a glass of hot water stir in a teaspoon of salt and soda, add 3 drops of iodine.
- In a glass of warm water, dissolve 2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- Combine 2 parts of non-hot boiled water with 1 part of lemon juice.
- Mix the dried flowers of calendula, sage and chamomile. To a glass of the mixture, add 500 ml of boiling water, leave to infuse for 2 hours, strain.
- In a glass of hot water dissolve 3 drops of propolis tincture.
- 1 medium-sized raw beets grate on a fine grater, add a tablespoon of vinegar (9%), leave for 3-4 hours, drain.
- A glass of hot water pour 0.5 cups of cumin seeds, boil for 30 minutes, strain the pasty mixture, add water to the glass, bring to a boil, then cool and add a tablespoon of brandy. This mixture is not recommended for rinsing the throat, but taken every 30 minutes in a tablespoon.
- In a glass of warm water dissolve ground hot pepper (¼ part of a teaspoon) and rinse for 2 hours, every 15 minutes.
Any qualified doctor to the question: "How to cure a throat and cough?" - advises inhalation and rinsing. The advantage of inhalation over rinsing is that the vapor particles are smaller than the liquid particles, which means that they will penetrate the tissues faster and have a therapeutic effect. If there is no inhaler at home, it is very easy to do it yourself. To do this, pour a little water into a small kettle, add eucalyptus essential oil (a few drops), make a funnel out of paper and put it on the spout of the kettle. The inhaler is ready.Through the funnel should breathe steam for 20 minutes. For a speedy recovery, such a procedure is recommended up to 4 times a day.
Warming compresses will help to quickly get rid of a sore throat. It is recommended to do them at night. A piece of cotton wool or gauze moistened with vodka, wrapped in a bag and put on the area below the chin, tightly tied with a warm scarf or scarf.
If the child has a problem
Some of the above methods are for adults only and should not be used for children. How to be in this situation and how to cure a child's throat? First of all, do not delay and begin treatment as early as possible. Children, unfortunately, are more prone to various kinds of colds than adults. And not many kids agree to carry out all the procedures recommended by the doctor. Therefore, the sooner treatment is started, the greater the chances for a speedy recovery. The situation is also complicated by the fact that children are more likely to develop an allergic reaction to the components of a therapeutic agent (for example, to honey). In this situation, you can use the following recipes:
- If the baby does not know how to gargle, offer him a warm drink. You can even take a few spoons with some rinse solutions, such as water with lemon juice or herbal teas.
- Occasionally it is recommended to give the child lozenges for sucking (with sage, lemon, etc.), provided that he is not allergic to sugar or herbs.
- Many babies "dislike" compresses and refuse to sleep with them. They can be replaced by warming rubbing before bedtime. To do this, a small amount of vegetable oil should be mixed with essential oil of cypress or eucalyptus (a few drops). Grab the baby's neck and chest and wear a cotton blouse with a neck.
How to cure a throat at home? Some more effective recipes
- Grate cabbage, spread the mixture on gauze and apply a compress on the throat. Cover with a package and wrap a scarf.
- Combine honey, flour and dry mustard in equal parts. Put the resulting cake on the throat, wrap on top with cling film and a warm scarf.
- A tablespoon of honey combined with the same amount of lemon juice. Hold the composition in the mouth, preferably at least 10 minutes, then swallow in small sips. Conduct such a procedure should be several times a day.
- Unsalted fat cut into thin plates and spread on the throat. Top parchment paper and put something warm (a handkerchief, a terry towel, a scarf). Leave overnight.
- Dry flowers of potatoes pour boiling water, insist, gargle with the composition every hour.
- Bring to a boil 450 ml of milk, remove from heat. Grind 4 cloves of garlic and add to milk along with 3 tablespoons of honey. Mix everything and take the mixture hot.
- 20 drops of 10% propolis alcohol solution mix with 100 ml of boiled water. Gargle with the resulting composition throat. Greater effect can be achieved if within 10 minutes chew a piece of propolis (½ teaspoon or 0.5 g). A day is recommended to use no more than 2 g of propolis.
- It is useful to use fresh onion juice in a tablespoon 4 times a day. It contains vitamins, essential oils, organic acids, carotene, ascorbic acid.
- Ginger can be used to make tea or rinse solution. It disinfects the site of infection and has a tonic effect on the entire body.
It is important to know
- If you feel a strong burning sensation during rinsing, it means that the selected solution does not suit you, try to prepare another one.
- If inhalations are used to treat a child, the procedure should not last more than 10 minutes.
- Children whose parents smoke, more often develop tonsillitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, bronchitis, pneumonia than their non-smoking families.
Some useful recommendations
In the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the throat, it is recommended to follow a certain diet: exclude the use of hot spices, spices, as well as too hard, cold or hot foods. Stop drinking and smoking. It is necessary to talk less and observe voice rest, use more warm liquids (green tea, tea with mint, St. John's wort, chamomile, ginger), make hot foot baths.
We found out how to cure the throat with the help of folk remedies, but we should not forget about preventive measures:
- promptly treat infections of the respiratory tract - the paranasal sinuses, nose, bronchi, pharynx;
- observe the correct voice mode, especially for teachers, announcers, guides;
- stop smoking and avoid smoke;
- perform hardening procedures - start with cool foot baths and gradually shift to cold douche.
At the first signs of indisposition, it is recommended to immediately begin therapeutic procedures. This will help to significantly reduce the duration of treatment and avoid possible complications. Well, how to cure your throat, without resorting to the use of drugs, you already know after reading this article. Be healthy!