How many midges live on the street, in the apartment and how to get rid of them?
In the hot summer season, a large number of different insects appear in our homes, so you need to be fully armed and be aware of how many midges live and how to get rid of them.
Insect Basic Information
The fruit fly is the most common insect in our climate zone. Its size is a maximum of three and a half millimeters in length and 0.5 millimeters in width. There are creatures around fruits and vegetables that are spoiled or are simply in open containers. The body of the midge has a brown color, on the back there are small black wings.
An insect female lays between 200 and 500 eggs in her entire life. How many midges live? On average, fifteen to twenty-five days. This indicator depends on climatic conditions and nutrition. In housing conditions, the larvae turn into juveniles after 27 hours. On average, they need four to six days to mature.
The small larvae of these black flies also feed on the fruit rot. They are attracted by the smell of wine and grapes.Each of us constantly sees these insects in the summertime, they are everywhere: on the streets, in our apartments, shops. That is why the problem of getting rid of them becomes urgent. It is quite difficult to do this, but in the article we will nevertheless consider several ways.
Their attack on our products lasts as long as mosquitoes and midges live. Throughout their short lives, they feed on rot and other waste so that they can lay eggs and produce offspring.
What do fruit midges eat?
Such insects feed on absolutely all types of fruits, or rather, their rotten remains, and other products of natural processing. Juveniles prefer to eat fresh fruit juice. It helps them grow and produce healthy larvae faster.
A common question is how many midges live in the summer. In the warm season, the average lifespan of a fruit fly is one month. In nature, due to the lack of fruit in the cold season, the front sight can feed on the sap of trees, grass, flowers and leaves.
Lives insect in countries with warm tropical,subtropical or temperate climate. Some species of fruit flies can drink the blood of people or animals to ensure their life cycle.
How many live midges feed on blood? Approximately 20 days. The most massive place of their life - the plantations of vineyards, because no one will fight the influx of such insects in the vast areas. Plus, the midges are very fond of grapes.
Fruit Blackfly Removal Techniques
The midges appear in our apartments along with southern fruits; they can inhabit garbage cans or bags of fruit. Blackflies can appear even if nothing spoils at home and there are no fruits. The fact is that eggs can be laid in advance.
Absolutely fresh store products can already contain the flies of fruit flies. They are not dangerous for the human body, but still it is rather unpleasant to realize the presence of the larvae of flies on food.
20 days is the answer to the question of how many midges live on the street. In the trash it is quite easy for them to find something to eat. However, strong winds and other weather factors significantly shorten their outdoor life.
In order to destroy the maximum number of midges and their larvae, follow these tips:
- Find and destroy their main habitat in your home.
- Put traps in other places of their possible aggregation.
- Regularly take preventive measures that will not allow fruit fruit to appear indoors in large quantities.
How many midges live at different times of the year?
The midges live in our microclimate all year round, but depending on the season and the temperature outside, they become smaller.
17 is the number of days that shows how many fruit insects live in the spring. In the summer, their activity increases markedly and their numbers become record highs for the whole time of the year.
In winter, the midges practically do not show activity and live only in well heated rooms that are not exposed to drafts. Even with short-term contact with snow and ice, the midge perishes. Cold weather can kill a large number of insects of this species.
How many midges live indoors, when they have nothing to eat? A few days. Due to the lack of food, both adults and larvae die. Eggs can ripen, but then still the offspring of them will not appear.
How many midges live in an apartment?
The most favorable habitat for midges is our apartments.It is here that they feel their best. The number of eggs laid throughout life increases in proportion to the improvement of the habitat.
How many midges live at home? In our homes they live from one to two months.
Destroying the midges
Most often, fruit flies inhabit the garbage can, rotten foods (apples, strawberries, grapes, strawberries, blackberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, and other common fruits and vegetables), bags of vegetables and fruits, in cabinets and in flowerpots.
How long do fruit flies live? One fly lives in a warm room for a month, but their numbers can grow exponentially. Find the place of their greatest concentration. Sometimes insects can live in a container from under some chemical means, such as a can of paint.
Check the fridge. The blackflies can live in jars of jam, in jars with compote. It is necessary to try to hermetically close all containers in which products prepared from fruits or vegetables are stored.
Typically, the larvae turn into full-bodied fruit midges in the early morning, so they accumulate a lot in the first half of the day.In the late afternoon, the activity of bothersome insects gradually fades away.
- The most common glass jar. Take a jar more. Then put a few pieces of slightly rotten or fresh fruit into it (it is worth noting that midges will fly faster on rotted fruits and vegetables). You can pour a little compote and put sweet candy. Place the jar in a visible place or near an insect's habitat. Roll the funnel out of plain white paper. Insert it into the jar. This should definitely be done tip down. Thus, the fruit flies will be easy to climb into the bank, but they will not be able to get back. Wait until the maximum number of insects fall into the trap, and discard the contents of the jar on the street. Do not throw everything in the trash. There they will only continue breeding. How many midges live in the garbage can? Small colonies can live there for up to four months.
- Take the most common plastic disposable cup. Put some sweet bait in there. Even a used bag of fruit flavored tea will do. Cover the glass tightly with cling film.And make small holes in this film so that the midges can crawl through. Wait until a large number of midges (15-30 pieces) bite on the bait.
- Package. Take one trash bag. Maximize it and place in the middle a few slices of fruit. Wait until the fruit flies gather and quickly close the package. Take it to an outdoor trash can.
In order to maintain cleanliness and hygiene in the house, you should conduct regular prevention against long-lived fruit flies. How many midges live in the kitchen? 35-45 days. Such a long period of habitat due to a sufficient amount of food and a warm, well-lit room.
Flush the bin, even if you use bags. Do not put vegetables in cabinets. Regularly inventory the refrigerator and pantry.
By following all the simple instructions that are described in this article, you will forget about such a pest as a small fruit fly.