How and with what to drink brandy better. Brandy Cocktails
Before deciding how to drink brandy properly, it’s worth figuring out what kind of drink it is. After all, to this day there is no exact concept and definition of it; rather, it is not the name of a certain type of alcohol, but the method of its production. Different countries have their own technology for the production of this drink. In addition, the same method is made and alcohol with other names:
- Armagnac and cognac - made from the pulp of fruits and berries in France.
- Sake - rice vodka, produced in Japan.
- Chacha - made in Greece from grape marc.
- Slivovitsa - produced in Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary.
- Kirsch (Kirschwasser) - made from cherries in Switzerland and Germany.
- William - made from pears in many countries.
- Calvados - produces Germany, Switzerland, Denmark.
- Tequila - made in Mexico from the fruits of agave.
- Ryuno - produced in France from the sediment of wine and prunes.
- Arrak - made from sugar-cane-sugar molasses.
On this basis, it can be noted that the varieties of this alcoholic beverage are very numerous, and it is simply impossible to draw an unequivocal conclusion on how to properly drink brandy.
The appearance of this type of alcohol is associated with distillation distillation, which was practiced in ancient Rome and Greece. And if in the XII century there was no great love for him, then since XIV this drink began to enjoy particular popularity. From then until today, it remains quite expensive and high-quality alcohol.
The drink is divided into three main types. It depends on the raw materials from which the alcohol was made. As a rule, it is produced from:
- various fruits;
- squeeze grapes (all that remains after squeezing the juice).
Also brandy is divided into types by fortress. There are only three of them:
- strong (contains 80–90% alcohol);
- grappa (contains 70–80% alcohol);
- typical (contains 57–72%).
As it turned out, there are a lot of types of this alcoholic drink both by taste criterion and by strength. Therefore, the question of how and with what to drink brandy, the answer will be quite extensive and ambiguous.
How can and should
There are no specific rules on how to drink brandy. For each species has its own specific recommendations. For example, what is Napoleon brandy drinking with? It can be used both in pure form and in diluted. Also, this drink is very well suited for the preparation of cocktails. Due to its composition and strength, it brings in a bright and indescribable palette of aroma and taste.
There are some general guidelines for drinking brandy:
- First of all, the glass is important. Like no other, cognac, also called a bottle or snifter, comes from the English word sniff, which means “sniff”, with an average volume of 250–870 ml.
- The level of a drink poured into a glass should not rise above its wide part.
- It is better to drink it slightly warmed, but the temperature should not exceed room temperature. The most optimal is considered to be approximately 16 ˚C. This is how the whole bouquet of taste and aroma is revealed.
- In undiluted drink is best taken after a meal, before coffee or tea.
“And from snacks, brandy is best suited for bitter chocolate, lemon and good fresh brewed coffee.
- It is absolutely not suitable as alcohol during a feast, but is optimal as a digestif.
All the above recommendations are generally accepted, and how and with what to drink brandy, you can decide for yourself.
Cocktails based on it
Answering the question about what to drink brandy, be sure to mention a few cocktails with its addition.
Some of its views are ideal for their preparation.
- Charlson cocktail is made by mixing cherry brandy with orange liqueur, very cooled lemonade and ice cubes.
- For summer hot days, the Brandy-Saur cocktail is suitable. To make it you need ice, brandy, lemon juice and powdered sugar. If the cocktail seems too sour, you can mix orange juice with it.
Let's sum up
Brandy - a very diverse alcoholic beverage. And there are no specific rules for its use. How and with what to drink brandy, you can decide for yourself. In some cases, you can drink it in its pure form, drinking coffee, eating a piece of dark chocolate or a slice of lemon.
Another option for the consumption of this drink are cocktails, which recipes are a great many.