Grass lice: medicinal properties and contraindications. Mokritsa (grass): use in medicine
Each gardener observed in his summer cottage an annoying little grass with oval leaves and white flowers, growing with a green veil over the soil surface. The name of this plant is woodlouse. The grass is considered a malicious, indestructible weed, but many gardeners do not even mean what healing properties it has. In saturation and vitamin series, it is ahead of most cultivated plants.
By the way, her official name is very beautiful - the star is average. To the touch it is wet, and under the sunlight it seems crystal. As you already understood, we will discuss this useful weed. We hope that after reading the information you will radically change your opinion about this grass.
The vital activity of the ephemeral plant is very short - only a month, but the seeds it gives quickly germinate, forming whole colonies of thickets. Selectors and scientists have proven that seeds can germinate up to 30 years. Even a plant pulled out with roots still continues to grow actively, and it is rather difficult to eradicate it.
The star is average belongs to the clove family. It is found in temperate climatic zones. The grass lice have a branched stem covered with multiple sticky hairs that retain water and a thin rhizome. The maximum height is up to 25 cm. It begins to ripen from late spring to September, releasing up to 30 thousand kidney-shaped seeds.
By the way, they like to feast on poultry and cattle: chickens, turkeys, goats. It is noticed that if you add a plant to feed cows, they begin to give more milk. Fresh starfish can be used in cooking, it produces excellent fortified salads, but it is especially popular in traditional medicine.
When to collect and how to store?
Medicinal raw material is the whole weed, begin to harvest it in the flowering season.It is best to collect grass in early May, when the plant is still juicy and soft. Pull it out of the soil along with its roots, clean it well of soil and dirt, then lay it on the oilcloth and dry it. Transfer to a fabric bag and store in a dark place for no more than a year.
Dried raw materials are used to prepare medicinal potions (decoctions, tinctures, compresses). Helps to get rid of pain and eliminate puffiness grass louse, the healing properties of which have been known to healers for more than a decade. Even our ancestors used it to fight diarrhea, asthma, diseases of the thyroid gland and blood vessels.
What is the value?
By actively exterminating the weed in your gardens, you do not even understand what medicinal raw materials you destroy. The grass louse, whose properties are due to the huge content of trace elements, helps to get rid of beriberi and provide the body with essential vitamins. Nature itself has given this unique plant to humanity.
Despite its unattractive appearance, the weed is rich in biochemical composition, and the presence of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in the plant is four times more than in lemon.In the stems is present sinalic acid, traces of essential oil and organic matter. Two tablespoons of herbs are able to supply the body with a daily dose of carotene.
Starlet is famous for its average content of vitamin E, which helps to prolong youth and clean the capillaries. It also contains many saponins, retinol, lipids, wax, tannins and trace elements that support good health (iron, calcium, magnesium, bromine, potassium).
Substances that endow the plant with medicinal properties have antimicrobial, expectorant, anti-inflammatory, soothing, hemostatic and choleretic action. Decoctions are taken as a painkiller, tonic, antiseptic and diuretic.
Grass lice: therapeutic use
In traditional pharmaceuticals, grass is not used, but scientists have closely studied the medicinal properties and came to the conclusion that starfish is indeed a valuable plant with a unique chemical composition. The grass louse is highly valued among folk healers.
It is used to make herbal teas and infusions that help relieve a person from debilitating constipation, restore the functional activity of the intestinal tract and normalize motility.Use raw materials for the treatment of bronchitis, inflammatory processes in the lungs. This is the best remedy for wet cough. A wonderful weed in steamed form is used for stretching the joints, cures sciatica and gout.
Fresh juice helps eliminate avitaminosis, strengthen the immune system due to the high content of vitamin C. It is taken for disorders of the digestive tract, anemia, chest pains and scurvy. Chemicals that make up the plant, reduce benign tumors. You can use raw materials to cleanse blood vessels from cholesterol and improve metabolic processes. The infusion is shown with high pressure and nervous disorders.
Traditional healers often use ground parts in any form (dried and fresh). The medicinal herb wood louse has a wide range of applications. It is used inside (juice, infusions, decoctions), used externally in the form of compresses, lotions, rubbing and baths. Buried in the eyes with inflammatory diseases, applied to damaged skin and make compresses.
During its existence on earth, the plant has received good fame and helped people to gain hope for recovery.There is an incredible number of recipes based on a star's medium, and all of them are tested in practice. It has long been known that the woodlouse has a anti-edema action. Useful properties noted healers.
- With cracked heels: put fresh leaves of weed on the insole of the shoes and do not pull out during the day. Upon arrival home should wash the feet with soap and process sea buckthorn oil. Carry out the procedure until the cracks disappear completely.
- To restore the cornea, crush a tablespoon of the plant stems and leaves and boil it in an glass of boiling water for about an hour. Allow the solution to cool and drop a few drops a day into your eyes four times a day.
- Prepare anti-scing, vasodilator and diuretic infusion with anti-inflammatory properties. Infuse 15 g of grass in a glass of boiling water for about 4 hours. Take ¼ cup 3-4 times a day.
- Soothing solution we make of a tablespoon of dried leaves and 250 ml of boiling water. We insist on the night, filter and eat before the meal according to the dessert spoon. That is how blood pressure is treated.
- Gout and rheumatism can be cured with starlet juice.Mix 5 g of juice with honey and consume up to four times a day.
- For diathesis, wounds and purulent ulcers, we prepare a decoction of 10 spoons of fresh weed and a liter of water: we boil the mixture and filter. It can be applied in the form of compresses and added to the bath.
Treatment of gynecological diseases
The healing grass lice will help to eliminate female diseases. What does she treat? Almost everything! Write recipes.
- Prepare a decoction of a glass of fresh star and the same amount of boiling water. We filter the warm solution, soak a tampon in it and put it overnight. Repeat for five days. For a week we take a break and repeat the course. It helps this folk remedy for fibroids, cysts and erosion.
- For mastitis and swelling: make a compress from fresh, finely chopped grass and apply it on your chest for 25 minutes. The procedure is carried out at least three times a day.
- You can increase the amount of breast milk for feeding in the following way: daily use a small spoonful of starfish juice with honey three times a day.
The grass louse, the medicinal properties of which are known to all, has some contraindications.This applies to people diagnosed with hypotension (low blood pressure, autonomic disorders). Do not treat her young children, as the grass is highly allergenic. Be careful when collecting, because the plant has a poisonous congener - star lanceolate.
Exacerbate the condition of a stomach ulcer can alcohol infusion based on the plant. If you decide to take a decoction, then do not add alcohol to it, as it will provoke pain and lead to discomfort. It must be remembered that the woodlouse grass collected near the road accumulates a lot of toxins and heavy metals.
Drugs are better for preparing from a plant which grew in the environmentally friendly woods. Do not forget that the weed has a laxative effect, so you should consult a doctor before treatment, otherwise a star-wheel instead of a positive effect will cause irreparable harm.