Antenna for wi-fi yourself: a diagram, instruction, description of works
Wireless Wi-Fi todayare present everywhere. This radio standard provides for the transmission of a signal at a frequency of 2.4 GHz. For practical purposes, it is used to switch an interactive connection between the access point and the subscriber's device. The quality of the transmitted signal depends directly on the built-in or external repeater. You can expand the capabilities of the router if you know how the wi-fi antenna is made with your own hands. Next, consider several ways and step-by-step instructions to them.
Amplifier from CD packaging
To make it quite simply from improvised materials while observing the main rule: the distance from the copper elements to the reflective surface of the disk must be strictly 15 millimeters.
The procedure consists of several stages:
- Take the usual plastic packaging for 25 disks.
- The fixing protrusion should be cut at a distance of 16-18 mm.
- With the help of the nail file on the plastic spindle, spline jacks are made to fix the double diamond.
- The biquadrat (diamond) is made of copper wire with a diameter of 2.5 millimeters.
- At this stage, you need to be careful,because it is the most important. Take 300 mm of copper cable, protect the surface, bend from a diamond wire. The distance between the centers is strictly within 30 mm. If the whole procedure is carried out correctly, the result is a double geometric figure.
- Then the ends of the wire are sealed, and a place is prepared for the fixing of the coaxial cable.
Antenna for wi-fi router: assembly and testing
The next step will require theAdd the biquadrat to the spindle, observing a vertical distance of 16 mm at all points. With the aid of a soldering iron the ends of the wire are fixed. Using a silicone adhesive, attach a standard CD-ROM to the bottom of the box. By means of the same adhesive composition, a double diamond is fixed on the spindle.
Then the wi-fi antenna connects itselfto the router (router). Below is a diagram of how to do this. Experienced craftsmen can decouple the regular antenna and attach a new amplifier, however, one must be very careful here, since thin conductors can become unstuck from the board under the influence of high temperature. An easier way is to install a new device using the SMA connector. The result obtained, regardless of the simplicity of the process, you will be pleased.
Amplifier from cans
Such an antenna of wi-fi with your own hands is not more difficult inmanufacture than the previous version. The device will strengthen the signal, which in the apartment is weakened by partitions and furniture. The design in question is simple and cheap.
The following elements are required for the manufacture of the device:
- cloakroom tremple;
- a pair of liter cans of beer or soft drinks;
- a conventional soldering iron and solder;
- wire (50 Ohm);
- connector connector.
Trempel can be replaced with a metal-plastic tube, which is used both indoors and outdoors, as it is not exposed to atmospheric exposure.
In the future, the antenna amplifier is manufactured in accordance with the following steps:
- In the bottom of the cans holes are made, after which they are put on the lower part of the trembler or the pipe.
- Slots in the banks are made in such a way as to avoid excessive tightness or slipping of the part. The pipe is looped and equipped with a suitable retainer.
- A similar antenna for the Wi-Fi router,located on the thruster, requires a cleaning of the soldering site, after which the ends of the wire are soldered to the banks one at a time. The other edge of the cable is fixed with the connector used to connect to the access point.
- If the base is usedmetal plastic pipe, both banks are soldered to the main wire. Between them you can equip the adapter and fix the feeder on one of the cans. The antenna screen will be a metal foil, located in the cavity of the tube. In order to solder the braid to the foil, it is necessary to carefully cut and remove the protective film. The fixing point should be fixed and insulated.
Antenna for wi-fi with own hands from sheet metal
For the manufacture of this construction,Tin sheet measuring 222 by 490 millimeters. It must be bent in the form of a trough. Then, along the perimeter of the core, eight holes are made at the same distance. At the edges they should be 8 * 2 in diameter, and in the middle 8 * 8 mm. These nests will serve as places for vibrators. These elements are easiest to make from tinned food tin, and then solder them in prepared nests.
An amplifier for a tin antenna requiresmaximum accuracy while observing dimensions. Do not forget to also make holes under the racks. Their diameter depends on the thickness and features of the material used as a holder. On the vibrator side, it is advisable to fill the joints with lacquer or wax to avoid moisture ingress. Connector for connection can be used either (BNC, N, F). The last element is easiest to insulate. With a router, the homemade Wi-Fi antenna is connected by the second end of the wire to the corresponding connector.
When mounting it is desirable to achieve a straight linevisibility of the transmitting and receiving amplifier. It should be borne in mind that deciduous trees muffle the signal. The connecting cable must be as short as possible. If this fails, do not use a PCI card.
As a rule, it will be sufficient to apply the usualwhite cable in dense insulation (RG-6U), as more expensive options have the same effect. If there is a large contamination of the ether and the saturation of the WI-FI zone, it is permissible to change the polarization of the amplifier if the connection is made between two identical points. Above, several ways have been considered, how to make a Wi-Fi antenna yourself? Consumer testimonials indicate that such a device has almost the same effect as a factory device, while its cost is an order of magnitude lower.