9 simple and interesting ways to make a lizun at home
Do you know who the ghost hunters are? If not, we highly recommend watching the cartoon of the same name, insanely popular in the mid-90s. Especially in this cartoon, I remember the funny logo, the catchy melody of the introduction and two otherworldly heroes - the ghosts Boogeyman and Lizun. We will not touch the boogeyman today, but we will try to figure out how to make a lizun at home.
Who is lizun?
The legendary animated series "Ghostbusters" was released in the mid-90s and immediately gained widespread popularity. At the same time, a stream of unpretentious toys, named after one of the heroes — the ugly, but kindly and terribly charming, Lizun, rushed to the Russian stalls. This green miracle ate everything and left a fluid slippery track everywhere, into which everyone around him infinitely clutched.
Lizuns of that time were made of guar gum with the addition of borax powder (in chemical language, sodium tetraborate), were mostly green in color and were absolutely safe for children. Unfortunately, we cannot say the same about timely toys. The quality of their components raises big questions. Therefore, we propose to understand how you can make the lizuna yourself at home.
Basic manufacturing methods
There is a mass of elementary and not very ways to make a lizun on their own, at home. The choice of recipe depends on imagination, the availability of free time and the available tools at hand.
For the manufacture of plasticine hendgam we need the following materials:
- clay - about 100 g, in any color;
- gelatin - 1 pack;
- cold and hot water;
- plastic and metal cups.
The cooking method is quite simple.
- Dissolve gelatin in cold water, use for this metal utensils.
- An hour later, put the dishes on the stove to warm up to a high temperature, but do not bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, pour hot water into a plastic cup, put a piece of clay in it and carefully stir it in water.
- Slowly pour into the resulting mixture of gelatin, mix until smooth and put in the refrigerator.
- We put in the fridge, wait a couple of hours - and you can play!
You can make a toy at home without plasticine. In this recipe we need cornstarch - from it the toy will turn out nicer and more elastic. But if there is no corn, you can use the potato. The recipe is pretty simple.
The following ingredients are needed:
- food coloring. You can show imagination - sparkles and even small rhinestones make a toy just a space one.
Combine in equal proportions of starch and water, put in the refrigerator, and after a couple of hours your lizun is ready! When cooking, you can add a drop of perfume or essential oil - the toy will smell delicious.And if you add a little phosphoric paint - the toy can glow in the dark.
The advantages of this method are simplicity, environmental friendliness and the ability to show imagination. Disadvantages - again, very small shelf life, only about a week.
Hendgam from shampoo and glue
This method is more complicated, but the slime turns out to be more like its shopping relative.
We will need:
- shampoo without adding conditioner - 3 tablespoons (50 ml);
- polymer glue - 3 tablespoons (50 ml);
- food coloring, sequins, sequins, rhinestones - on request;
- plastic container.
The method of preparation is as follows.
- Pour shampoo into the container, add dye and glitter, mix thoroughly.
- Slowly pour in the glue, constantly mixing to a uniform consistency.
- Store the resulting toy in a dark, dry, cool place.
PVA, water and sodium tetraborate lizun
If the previous toys can be made at home with the child, then in this way it is better to refuse the children's presence.
- sodium tetraborate (borax solution) - 1/3 teaspoon.Try to get a solution of borax in glycerin;
- PVA glue, better in a bottle, 1 pc. Can be replaced by a transparent clerical;
- cold water - 200 ml;
- food colors, glitter, etc.
Production takes place according to the standard scheme.
- Mix the glue and water in a plastic container, mix thoroughly.
- Add dyes.
- Slowly and gently add sodium tetraborate. The more borax, the "thicker" lizun.
Another way to make a toy yourself from simple improvised means.
In this recipe we will need:
- soda - 1 tablespoon;
- PVA glue - 100 or 200 ml;
- a glass of cold water;
- food colors, rhinestones, spangles, etc .;
- plastic dishes.
The stages of "production" are as follows.
- Soda is dissolved in water (1 tbsp. Spoonful to 1/2 cup).
- Glue mix with dye until a uniform color.
- Pour soda into the resulting mass.
- Stir well.
Store the toy in the same way as in the previous method - in a dark, dry place.
Toy of liquid washing powder
In this recipe, it is necessary liquid laundry detergent - dry matter or dishwashing detergent will not work.
- liquid washing powder - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- PVA glue - 1/3 tube;
- plastic dishes.
Mix the PVA glue with the dye to obtain a uniform color mass. Slowly pour in a drop of liquid detergent drug to the acquisition of the desired consistency. Knead 5-10 minutes (with gloves!). Store in a sealed container.
Sodium tetraborate and alcohol
In this recipe, sodium tetraborate is also used, but without the PVA glue.
We will need:
- sodium tetraborate (dry borax) - 2 tbsp. spoons (sold in a pharmacy);
- a glass of cold water;
- polyvinyl alcohol in the form of a powder (ask at the Antimelitel hardware store or hardware store);
- metal (not plastic!) dishes;
The stages of manufacturing are as follows.
- Dissolve the alcohol in a glass with water.
- Put the dishes with this solution on the stove and warm slowly, stirring. Heating time is approximately 40 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, let the solution cool to room temperature.
- Pour borax, mix.
- Add a dye.
Hendgam for this recipe will turn out elastic, not disgustingly sticky and very similar to the shop.
If you make a toy in any way listed above and add pieces of metal to it, you get an amazing magnetic slide.
In order not to crush the iron part with a file, try to find iron oxide in the store or order a special powder-developer in the hardware stores for office equipment.
Mixing the powder with metal particles, we get an unusual magnetic lizun, changing the shape under the influence of a magnet. And if you add a phosphor paint to the toy, the lick will glow in the dark.
The technology of making toys in all recipes is about the same.
We looked at the most popular and affordable examples of how to make a lizuna at home.
In addition to the above, there are ways to make toys from soda without the use of glue - from flour and detergent "Fairy".
How to make a lizuna from "Fairy"?
- "Fae" or other dishwashing detergent;
- hand moisturizer;
Mix half a tablespoon of detergent with a teaspoon of soda, mix thoroughly until smooth, add hand cream and dye. The resulting mass is placed to cool for 3-4 hours.
Tips and tips
- If in the process of manufacturing the lick does not work, do not be discouraged. Experiment with the components. To increase the viscosity, add more binder, to liquefy - water.
- Wear gloves.
- If your child is still small, do not leave him with a toy unattended - the children are all pulling into his mouth, and the lizun is very attractive in this regard.
- Try to persuade the child not to throw the toy into the walls, which are covered with wallpaper, if you are not going to make repairs in the near future.
- If the toy is dry, it does not matter, it can be briefly reanimated by wetting with water.
How to store lizuna?
The toy, cooked with his own hands at home, unfortunately, is short-lived. Proper storage will prolong the life of your favorite entertainment.
Nowadays, bright, cheap and not very, often unsafe toys overflowed shops. Unfortunately, it’s impossible to make a Barbie doll or a typewriter, and not every adult can sew a teddy bear.
But to create an unpretentious, but fun toy on their own from the material at hand is quite capable. Therefore, the question of how to make the lizuna itself is quite relevant.
Show imagination, experiment, put aside the children's electronic gadget and attract the child to the process - a lot of positive emotions are provided to you!